1) There is BIG difference in what rate you will be charge will be based on the type of contract you choose to enter into. (Keep in mind the more risk you are willing to take the cheaper the rate in the contract.) The different type of contract you can enter into, which is as follows: fixed, fixed with a variable component, Variable, and swing contracts. (Please note swing contracts are not true fixed, due to the fact, if you go over or below a certain percentage in consumption from last year, you will be charged more than the fixed rate.) All contracts have their benefits and drawbacks.
2) Congestion charges it the cost of delivery spikes in delivering electricity to you. Now at one time, companies use to absorb this cost. However, now they pass those charges to you, which is above and beyond the rate in your contract; unless your contract specifically states it included in the rate. (Normally RUC & congestion charges are not included when receiving a quote.) You NEED to ask! 3) Anyone can switch electric companies as long as you are not in a co-op.
3) Rates on electricity vary by their start dates and the length of the term. When getting quotes make sure you give all the companies the same start date and terms you are looking for.
4) There always two utility companies involved in electric. One is the company you buy electric from and one is the one that delivers the electricity. The following are Utiltiy companies in Texas that deliver electricity: AEP-NORTH, AEP-CENTRAL, ONCOR, CENTERPOINTand TNMP. Now these companies all own the wires and transformers and charge a delivery charge to have the electricity delvied to your business. Now the companies you bought your electricty from will show this as pass through charges on your bill.
5) Service fees ( Meter fees) are fees they charge to manage your account and are usually charged based per meter. There are more and more Utility companies dropping this fee. However, those that do charge these fees usually provide just a quote for their rate on electricity and don't bring up the meter fee. When you only have one meter, it may not be much of an issue. However, if you have multiple meters can be a substantial expense.
6) Check the cancellation clause in your contract. They are different and may be important if you are going to move or close down a location. Any questions call us at 956 381-4446
7) Payment options. Some companies charge a fee if you pay online or use a credit card. Now if you normally bay by check, then there usually will be no issue. However, if you use other means of paying, then you need to check the company for their payment fees.ost companies will NOT require a security deposit, unless there is a credit issue. Now if there is a credit issue not all companies have the same requirements. So if one asks for a security deposit, the next company may not, because their credit requirements are less. Now if all companies are requesting a security deposit not all will require the same amount of a deposit. So shop around for the best deal.
8) Payment options. Some companies charge a fee if you pay online or use a credit card. Now if you normally bay by check, then there usually will be no issue. However, if you use other means of paying, then you need to check the company for their payment fees.
Customer Information Center
Why Us? Well we save you time and money !
We empower you by providing excellent informative information in order to give you the real power to choose correctly.
We take great pride in our Commitment to Excellence to provide you valid meaningful information on the
Seven Things you Really Need to Know about Buying Electric for your Home or Business
Although everyone is looking at electric quote for the cheapest electricity in Texas that is no longer the only priority in deciding what is best for your home or business ! You also need to be aware how the terms in the utility companies' contract may affect you, in regarding issue if you are going to move soon, or closing a location, furthermore, you must as well be conscious how to uncover any hidden charges that their representative may not be openly disclosing to you!
Now since deregulation came along, which did have a positive effect of driving down price on Residential electrical rates as well commercial electric rates, it also gave us a lot of new variables to contend with that can be as equally important as the cheapest electricity rates in Texas.
Utility Energy Companies offer a great variety of products in their electric contracts such as fix, swing and variable contracts as well a combination of fixed and variable, and all of them have their own benefits and draw backs to them. So if want to have the power to choose and select the best electric prices and terms in reducing your energy bill on Residential or Commercial energy rates in Texas , and you really don't have the time or patients to call over 110 Utility Energy Companies to find the best energy savings,
Then let us help you and call us toll free to get a FREE quote on electric !!
Ambit Energy, American L & P, AmeriPower, Amigo Energy,Bounce Energy, Brilliant Energy, Cirro Energy, Direct Energy, First Choice Power, Frontier Utilities, Hudson Energy, Reliant, Smart Prepaid, Tara Energy, Texans Energy, TriEagle Energy, TXU